Corporate Social Responsibility
Wan Hai History
2010 ~ Future
2000 ~ 2009
1990 ~ 1999
1980 ~ 1989
1965 ~ 1979
- JANLaunched Independent Kansai-Haiphong Service II
- FEBAwarded of ''Best Shipping Agent,Customer Service for Colombo - Intra Asia Sector''.
- MAR.Launched New Asia / Middle East Service.
- MAR.Launched Independent South China-Vietnam-Malaysia Service.
- APROperated Transpacific service from South PRC & Central PRC to the U. S. Pacific South West.
- JUNWins the Award of ''Asian Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Awards 2015''.
- MAR.Launched Independent Mindanao Service.
- JUNLaunched Far East to Pakistan / Mundra Express Service with Coscon SEA, China Shipping and PIL.
- OCTAwarded '' Most Admired Company in Taiwan'' 2014 in the shipping category '' by CommonWealth Magazine.
- DECAwarded OHSAS 18001 Certificate at Taichung / Kaohsiung terminal.
- APRCommenced Pan Asia II (PA2) service with YML and PIL.
- MAYCommenced Asia / South America West Coast (ASA) service with PIL, EMC and COSCON.
- JANCommenced North China to Taiwan Second String NT2 service with Sinotrans.
- AUGCommenced Japan / Indonesia service with IAL and MOL.
- OCTAwarded ''Most Admired Company in Taiwan'' 2012 in the shipping category '' by CommonWealth Magazine.
- MAR.Started a new container terminal in Cai-Mep area, Vietnam with HANJIN , MOL and SNP.
- APRCommenced new WSA service with EMC, COSCON and PIL.
- APRCommenced Taiwan / Madras Direct service with EMC and IAL.
- APRCommenced Japan / Taiwan / Indonesia (JTI) service with IAL.
- AUGYML joined in JTI service.
- OCTOrdered four 1,871 TEU vessels from CSBC.
- FEBCommenced Asia / South America East Coast service with CCNI, HANJIN, Hapag-Lloyd and ZIM.
- MAR.Commenced East Africa Joint service with EMC and Simatech Shipping.
2000 ~ 2009
- MAR.Bought two 1,809 TEU vessels and were deployed in the same year.
- MAYCommenced Singapore / Malaysia / India (SC1) service with BTL.
- JANFour 4,252 TEU and 6,039 TEU vessels previously ordered from CSBC were all delivered and deployed to service.
- MAR.six 2,646 TEU vessels previously ordered from Jurong Shipyard., Singapore were all delivered and deployed to service.
- APRUpgraded KSI service to China / Singapore / Malaysia / India (CCI) service.
- JULCommenced the first feeder service in the Middle East.
- FEBCommenced China / Red Sea service.
- JUNOrdered six 4,252 TEU vessels from CSBC.
- NOVCommenced China / Black Sea service.
- MAR.Commenced Japan / HK / S.PRC / Singapore / Port Kelang (NS3) service.
- APRCommenced China / HK / Singapore / Port Kelang (CIX) service with YML and Hapag-Lloyd.
- FEBImplemented ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS).
- JULFirst 4,252 TEU new vessel was delivered from China Shipbuilding Corporation (CSBC) Kaohsiung, and deployed to CTP service.
- APRCommenced Far East / Europe service with PIL.
- MAYEstablished subsidiary company in Germany.
- JUNCommenced China / North America Southern West Coast II (CTP II) service with CMA CGM & NORASIA.
- JULOrdered four 4,252 TEU vessels (PANAMAX vessel) & four 6,039 TEU vessels (POST-PANAMAX vessel) from CSBC.
- MAR.Start Japan dedicated terminal at Ohi pier #5, Port of Tokyo.
- AUGEstablished WAN HAI Charity Foundation.
- SEPSet up India subsidiary company .
- MAYCommenced China / Southeast Asia service.
- JUNCommenced China / American West Coast service .
- MAYCommenced American West Coast service.
- JULCommenced Guam service.
1990 ~ 1999
- JULCommenced China-Middle East service with OOCL.
- AUGCommenced Haiphong II service.
- APRCommenced Middle East service with HMM.
- NOVInaugurated Middle East II service.
- MAR.Commenced Japan / Singapore / Malaysia Super Express service with APL and HMM.
- APRCommenced the Cross Space Charter Agreement with Uniglory Marine Co. Obtained permission to run the Xiamen / Kaohsiung ''Offshore Shipping Centers'' business.
- AUGCommenced Taiwan / Hong Kong / Xiamen service.
- DECWAN HAI Taichung was upgraded from liaison office to branch.
- APRCommenced Vietnam-Haiphong service.
- MAYWAN HAI listed on the first board to Taiwan Stock Exchange.
- JUNCommenced India service.
- DECDedicated Terminal at pier 31 Port of Taichung was leased.
- FEBHeld the 30th Anniversary Party at Taipei's Grand Hotel on Feb. 24 and awarded an honorable tablet by the President of R.O.C. Mr.Teng-Hui Lee.
- JULCommenced Korea / Java service with HMM.
- OCTCommenced Tianjin / Busan / Hong Kong / Southeast Asia service with Tientsin Marine Shipping Company. The Storage yard of Pier 17 West, Port of Keelung, was leased as an exclusive container yard of WAN HAI.
- MAR.Obtained the management right of the National Shipping Corporation of the Philippines.
- AUGWAN HAI's private berth in Kaohsiung shifted from Pier 42 to Pier 63.
- MAR.BUL joined Java service.
- JUNCommenced Vietnam service.
- SEPAppointed as the general agency in Taiwan of Clan S.A.
- NOVAppointed as general agent for World Logistics Service (U.S.A) Inc.
- OCTEstablished WAN HAI Thailand branch office. Commenced Manila, Thailand and Indonesia service with YML.
- MAR.Entered into a tonnage sharing agreement with HMM for Thailand and Southeast Asia Service.
- APRCross-charter arrangement with MAIN GROUP for Japan / Taiwan and Taiwan / Southeast Asia service.
- MAYCommenced Indonesia service.
- JULCommenced Philippines service.
1980 ~ 1989
- JUNCommenced Singapore / Malaysia service.
- OCTCommenced Thailand service.
- OCTCommenced Taiwan / Korea service.
- JULKaohsiung berth #42 was leased as WanHai's dedicated terminal.
- JUNM/V Fu Chun maiden call to Port of Taichung provides first liner service to Taichung.
- MAYThe first carrier to split Taiwan/Japan service into Kanto and Kansai independently.
- JUNCommenced Hong Kong service.
- AUGEstablished a Liaison Office in Taichung. Act as agent for HUAL in Taiwan.
- APRThe first batch of new 20ft container 1,300 units were procured.
- JUNWAN HAI's computerization era began with installation of the HP 3000/42 system.
- OCTAct as Taiwan agent for Hoegh-Ugland Auto Liners , A/S.
1965 ~ 1979
- DECWAN HAI Kaohsiung office was founded.
- JULThe first Full-container vessel M.V. MING CHUN was deployed to Taiwan / Japan service which initiated WAN HAI's full container liner service.
- MAR.WAN HAI's first time ever new built log ship M.V. CHANG CHUN deployed to Japan / Taiwan and Southeast Asia service.
- JUNOrdered a 6,000 DWT log vessel christened ''YI CHUN'' which also deployed to Japan / Taiwan and Southeast Asia service.
- Bought the first log vessel with 5,000 DWT from Japan christened ''WAN SHOU''.
- FEBWAN HAI Steamship Co., Inc. was established on Feb 24th.
- AUGBought a ''LIBERTY'' type bulk vessel christened ''FOSMAR'' and deployed between Japan and America for transporting steel.